Threading or similar in LiveCode

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 14:56:35 EDT 2012

Hi Rod,

Rod McCall wrote

> [snip]
> right now we are implementing a car simulator environment
> of which we will use LiveCode as the control console for
> the simulation - at least that is the current plan.
> [snip]

Some years ago, Scott Rossi posted a script that uses
the command "send" to control a walking figure:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/alejandro/stacks/walkingman_2.zip

Notice that this stack uses the numerical keypad to control
one of the walking figures. How many different figures could
we control with the keyboard? In an informal test, at least
4 different figures could walk, stop and change direction
using a combination of 9 different keys:

qwe
asd
zxc

rty
fgh
vbn

uio
jkl
m,.

789
456
123

I do not have that stack with me, but you could
download the stack with 2 figures from previous link
and start adding new walking figures.
If you could animate smoothly 8 or more different
figures in a single card, I would like to see the stack. :-D

Al