Front Scripts

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 18 16:50:52 EDT 2012

Peter Haworth wrote:

 >> I'm wondering what happens if two front scripts each contain a
 >> handler for the same message.
 > I checked out Richard Gaskin's excellent write up on extending
 > the message path before asking this question, but it it doesn't
 > really deal with this situation - Richard, might be worth a note
 > in the section on front/back scripts?

It may just need to be more prominent - in the section on Backscripts it
includes:

    In LiveCode all libraries and backScripts can freely call
    each others' handlers by name, with the order of insertion
    only coming into play in the event that two scripts contain
    handlers of the same name; in such cases libraries take
    precedence over backscripts, and scripts inserted first
    take precedence over scripts inserted later.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World