Simulate a popup menu button

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at mac.com
Tue Jul 17 20:18:17 EDT 2012

Thanks Bob!

But no, I will not go this way. I have and use Snapz Pro and other screen capture apps, but they just won't do here for several reasons. First of all, just using RunRev with commands like - move this to that, send mouseEnter to this, send mouseUp to this, send mouseLeave to this, move cursor to xLoc in 20, etc, etc, gives me a perfect, fluid animation of how my app works. Screen capture video, even at the very highest settings, is not nearly as good and fluid and creates enormous video files. For this app there will be 10 such animations which using runRev alone adds a few dozen kb to the file and those same video capture files would add a few  thousand mb and not look nearly as good! I pay my provider by the mb's and each video would be at least 10 times the size of the app download (and not look as good!) so what is a 5 mb download becomes a 500 mb download. I am surprised that more Rev developers don't use this type of animation - fast, easy, tiny file size and georgeous animation!

So does anyone have sugestions as to how to simulate menuPic in an in-Rev animation? Just the part about hiliting the menu choices)

Cheers,

Lars