[OT] Between the lines of the previous post.

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Jul 17 11:53:49 EDT 2012

I don't think they contradict at all. The likelyhood of someone having already read much of what was quoted in an ongoing thread is high, but it is certainly not absolute. I may have been following the thread with great interest, while you may have just gotten back from vacation and begun to read your email, or you may have been ignoring it for a time, and decided to catch up on it.

The confusion comes in when you try to apply the reading of an email to one single person at a time, and then of course it has to be either or.

But I feel I am beating a dead horse here. This has all been gone over and over, and nobody is going to change their minds about how things ought to be. Heck, if people were capable of that we might have peace in our time! :-)

Bob