[OT] Between the lines of the previous post.

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Jul 16 21:52:00 EDT 2012

Bob-

Monday, July 16, 2012, 10:45:55 AM, you wrote:

> Because the reply is not to only one person. Some may not have
> read any of the topic, others may have read everything about it.

That seems to contradict your other statement that

> In reading a book, the presumption is that you haven't read any of
> it before. When reading replies to email, the presumption is the
> opposite.

I think you either have to assume the folks are up on the subject or
can otherwise get the context; or assume that they have to be led by
the nose. I prefer to give people, especially on this list, the
benefit of the doubt. Might be different if I were posting to a thread
on alt.stupid-questions.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net