copy-paste not working in a standalone

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jul 14 15:23:13 EDT 2012

On 7/14/12 10:13 AM, André Bisseret wrote:

> Le 14 juil. 2012 à 15:13, Björnke von Gierke a écrit :
>
>> I think that copy pasted used to be part of the "standard library".
>> This is a stack that The RunRev IDE always attaches to your
>> standalones. However, in a version (4.5 or 5.1 or so) all copy
>> paste stuff got removed from there. Or it was an engine feature,
>> that they removed. Either way, it's gone, and no standalone can do
>> copy paste anymore if you do not include your own code to do it.
>
> Thank you much Björnke for this information
>
> Bad news for me :-(( That means that I can't consider any change to
> my current standalone!

There were some changes made in the engine to allow additional menu item
parameters, but the command keys should still work. If they don't, try
changing your menu group into a shared card group instead of a
background group. That way they are more likely to receive keyboard input.

If that still doesn't work, the handler to catch copy/paste is very simple:

on commandkeyDown pKey
   switch pKey
     case "x"
       cut