mergExt pricing changes and free externals

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Jul 14 14:05:44 EDT 2012

Hi Monte,
Here's some thoughts on what I would like to see.

As a generic category, anything that makes my Mac applications look like
real Mac applications, i.e. access to the more recent native OS X controls.
 In particular, the ability to include icons/buttons/etc in a window title
bar - I think it's referred to as a toolbar.  Another one would be direct
access to the Mac Address Book.

I've seen the beginnings of both the above by others but they never seem to
quite make it to market.

Another category would be access to some of the sqlite functions that
RunRev do not expose to us and, in fact, the ability to access a more
recent version of the sqlite library than is included in RunRev, which is
woefully out of date.  But that's probably a bit too specialized for
general use.

One other that comes to mind is tools to help with Apple's sandboxing
rules. For example, apps that open files from a "Recently used" list
violate the sandboxing rules unless it is done by establishing "bookmarks",
wehich can't be done directly from Livecode.  I believe, but not 100% sure,
that any attempt to use the shell command in Livecode would violate
sandboxing rules.  Of course, that covers a huge amount of ground but
perhaps a set of common os request that LC developers use could be a basis.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com