my card is hiding from me and from preOpenCard!

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 20:24:26 EDT 2012

this just started happening (well, I hadn't made a standalone in
almost two weeks)

In the IDE, I open a client database, open or go to a card of the
first stack of interest by script, and it runs preOpenCard and
openCardquite happily.

When I create a standalone, I open the new file, and the outline of
the card flashes briefly on my screen (well, I *assume* that it's that
card; it's about the right size) and disappears.

When I open it from from a menu command, it appears, but the fields
are empty because it didn't run the openCard routines.  I"ve even put
some "answer" in the script before and after the "go card 1 of stack
thestack" (also used open).  In the IDE, I get the answer dialog, the
card displays, and then once I click somewhere, it does the second.

The script is :
   answer "here"
   go card "dinfo" of  stack "debtor_info"
   answer "there"

In the standalone, nothing displays.

I open manually (from a menu), and it displays the card, but doesn't
run the scripts in pre/open.

I go to the next card, come back, and this time it opens them.

What can account for this psychotic behavior?

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com