PDF Forms

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 05:51:50 EDT 2012

Hi Skip,
Quartam PDF Library only supports writing PDF files, at the moment - not reading or manipulating them.
It's on the ever-growing list of functionality to research and develop, but I have no idea when I'll delve into that area of the PDF specification.
However, as it is an open source project everybody's welcome to join in and add such support :-)

In the meantime, your best bet is using the iTextJava library via a background process.
A while back, I blogged about this approach to concatenate PDF files and stamp them with an image:
<http://quartam.blogspot.com/2010/12/concatenating-pdf-files.html>
<http://quartam.blogspot.com/2010/12/stamping-pdf-files.html>

Just shout if you decide to go down this path and need a hand.

Jan Schenkel.

=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====