One field out of dozens changes line height after copy/paste of group

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 10:41:57 EDT 2012

On Saturday, July 7, 2012, J. Landman Gay wrote:What could possibly be
causing this?

> The only thing I can think of is that the font isn't set for that field
> and you are using LiveCode version 5.5 or lower. If that's the case then
> the copied field will inherit the textfont of the card or stack, and the
> textheight will be reset when that happens.

I'm using 5.5.1

I'm getting the text by copying from the PDF form I'm reproducing,  and
pasting into "contents" in the inspector.

I have a suspicion as to what is happening, now.  Some of the paragraphs
"include" a section number over  to the left of them (these are horribly
inconsistent.  In a couple of cases, I pasted that and edited it out  (but
maybe I could have turned it to a space?)

Neither the npmenu nor the text properties of the inspector show a height.

I've successfully avoided the issue for now, but figuring out what causes
it will help avoid another round . . .
Thanks

Version 5.5.1 uncouples textheight from textfont and the reset shouldn't

--
The Hawkins Law Firm
Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
HawkinsLawFirm at gmail.com