which Linux?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:24:10 EDT 2012

On 07/03/2012 09:09 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> Richard, which desktop do you prefer, MATE or Cinnamon?

I'm not 'Richard' (But Gaskin is), but I work extensively with Linux,
and for my work
(i.e. at my EFL school) I use the GNOME 'Classic' with Avant Window
Navigator,
and at home, both my wife and I use XFCE 4.10. again with Avant Window
Navigator which we
much prefer over the much vaunted Cairo Dock.

Personally, I think both MATE and Cinnamon do not quite "cut the mustard".

As XFCE 4.10 allows icon ordering on the desktop and so on, MATE and
Cinnamon
don't seem as attractive while we were stuck with XFCE 4.8.

Richmond.