Search question

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Mon Jan 30 12:45:28 EST 2012

How about this:
--------------8<-----------------
repeat for each line myLine in myList
   if matchText(myLine, \
     "([^\t]*)\t([^\t]*)\t([^\t]*)\t([^\t]*)$", \
     myVar1, myVar2, myVar3, myVar4) then

     if myVar1="foo" and myVar3="bar" and myVar4="baz" then
       -- take some action here
     end if
   end if
end repeat

I'm typing this from memory, and I'm not sure about that repeat
statement.  I always seem to need to look it up.

This assumes, of course, that the fields cannot have tab characters in them.

-Ken