"Redraws will be flushed" translation

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 30 11:58:55 EST 2012

On 1/30/12 9:30 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Mark Schonewille wrote:
>
>  > Previously, these redraws were remembered and executed when the
>  > screen was unlocked. As I understand it, the screen is now simply
>  > redrawn once, when the screen unlocks. That's a big difference.
>
> I'm probably just pre-coffee, but I'm having a hard time understanding
> the difference.

Me too. In the past, the screen was redrawn once when it was unlocked. I
can't recall any instances of queued redraws, at least, none that were
visible to the user, though maybe someone else has seen it. There's the
lockmoves thing, but I don't think that's exactly the same.

So far, it sounds like this change concerns garbage collection but not
behavior changes. And yet, there's a whole section in the notes about it
so I'd like to understand for sure.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com