Weired code page issue

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon Jan 30 03:08:55 EST 2012

Hello,

I have a LC 4.6 program with a valentina 4.8 db for a couple of years
running and for the first time now a single customer on a iMac with Lion
tells me, that all german Umlaute are broken in displaying the db content.

The valentina db is coded UTF-16, german and it is completely prefilled by
me and is unchanged since years. There are no write or update actions by the
customer, only read. I have asked the customer for his language settings,
but he says, everything is on german or standard.

I am not good in system questions on Mac and I have no idea where to start
searching. Is it a Mac issue (most presumably because it is only one single
customer), or  a Valentina issue or a LC issue? Can anybody point me into
any direction what to check or search for?

Thanks

Tiemo