Cloning stack reset object IDs?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 27 10:54:00 EST 2012

Pete wrote:
> I just cloned a datagrid to see what would happen.  I'm afraid all the
> control ids just carried on from the last one used in the original datagrid
> so using clone doesn't help.

Was that just the dataGrid group or the whole stack?

Since the stack governs the IDs of objects within it, I would imagine
that cloning the stack as a whole would preserve existing IDs, but here
whenever I copy any object from one stack to another the ID is
automatically reset to use the next available ID for the target stack.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World