too many images on one card?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 00:50:24 EST 2012

> Is there some reason why you can't reference the hundreds or thousands of
> images in a folder rather than imbedded in the stack?

No reason. In fact, referencing is what I've done for years with my
stacks. Only this time, the stack in question was originally designed
a year ago for a very limited study-set (the alphabet), so, at the
time, I figured might as well save the images as objects. But now, a
year later, I've returned to that stack, to modify it for a larger
(but still limited) study-set (phonemes and phoneme combinations).

So, wishing to avoid diving back into my convoluted code, I thought
I'd first bug the list with a question. Namely, is having hundreds
(1000s?) of hidden images on one card a problem for older pc's (800Mhz
cpu, 500Mb ram, Win2k)?

> On a mac, those images could live inside the .app package.

This made me think about iPhone. Do referenced images work on
standalones for iPhones the same as they do on desktop standalones?
Just curious.

--
Nicolas Cueto