Datagrid Column editing

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jan 18 17:47:39 EST 2012

Not that I have found. I had the same problem trying to use a datagrid as a spreadsheet. For one, hitting return in a spreadsheet will go to the cell below. In a datagrid, it doesn't. Also, you can scroll down as far as you like (within limits) in a spreadsheet, but a datagrid will only scroll as far as there is actual data, and you have to code a way to add new records. Simply clicking in the empty space below the last row does nothing.

There are lots of ways that datagrids do not act like spreadsheets. It begs the question, is there room for another datagrid type? We have tables and we have forms. How about a third type? Spreadsheet? Just a thot...

Bob