network error 'previous request not completed'
phil at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 02:15:25 CST 2012
I'm still using LiveCode 4.6.4 on one laptop (OS X Lion) and I have a program which retrieves data using put URL (via http) which has been occasionally showing the problem you describe. Once its broken the only solution seems to be to restart LiveCode. I tried resetall, which unfortunately also killed Remo, but didn't otherwise seem to help. I'm also using PowerDebug alongside Remo. Do you use any of these plugins?
On 18 Jan 2012, at 01:09, Terry Judd wrote:
> Thanks Jacqui - I think that's a separate issue. I occasionally get those empty results as well and have ways of working around them - the big difference is that unlike the 'previous request not completed' error they don't break subsequent network connections. I've added a network activity log (libURLSetLogField) for my beta tester - hopefully that will shed some light on the issue.
> If anyone has personal experience of this issue I'd be keen to hear about it.
> On 18/01/2012, at 11:31 AM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 1/17/12 6:04 PM, Terry Judd wrote:
> I'm experiencing a serious connectivity problem that appears to start
> with the error 'error Previous request not completed', usually in
> response to a post request, and ends with LC being pretty much
> totally unresponsive to any network requests. In the IDE this can
> sometimes (but not always) be rectified by calling resetAll but in
> our application, the only solution is to quit the app and start
> again. The post request are via https but I'm not sure whether that's
> a factor. One of my beta testers is having real problems with this
> (on multiple platforms) but I'm unable to replicate the problem on my
> setup at the moment.
> The socketTimeoutInterval is set to 5000 but when the error occurs it
> will repeatedly occur no matter how long you wait between requests
> (once the error occurs network connectivity is pretty much broken).
> There's a discussion in the forums that seems related. I did some tests today and got very inconsistent results; about 2/3 of the time I got return values from the POST and the rest of the time I get empty in both the result and in "it". I tinkered with the timeout interval but it didn't help.
> Dr Terry Judd
> Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
> Medical Eduction Unit
> Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry & Health Sciences
> The University of Melbourne
> use-livecode mailing list
> use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
Phil Jimmieson phil at liverpool.ac.uk (UK) 0151 795 4236 (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Ashton Building, Ashton Street
Liverpool L69 3BX http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~phil/
I used to sit on a special medical board... ...but now I use this ointment.
More information about the use-livecode