Menu Builder

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Thu Jan 12 13:49:34 EST 2012

Hi Jacque,
The way this app works is that everything happens within the scope of one
stack.  I have groups that get hidden or shown depending on what function
the user selects so I adjust the height of the stack depending on which
function/group is active by reference to the bottom of the group that is
currently visible.  Sorry, it's hard to explain clearly!

I don't really need to change the way the stack height is calculated I
guess, everything still works, just that the stack ends up being 26 pixels
higher than it should.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 10:20 AM, J. Landman Gay
<jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> On 1/12/12 12:24 AM, Pete wrote:
>
>  I have one remaining issue to deal with and that has to do with some
>> window
>> resizing I do which now will have to take account of the menu group,
>> probably differently on Windows than on OS X.  Fortunately, the code to do
>> the resizing is all in one handler so once I figure out whether to add the
>> 26 pixels or subtract them, all should be OK.
>>

> I'm not sure you'll really need to do this. The advantage of the native
> method is that is handles all the resizing on its own. The content area of
> your stack is always the same on any platform, the only difference is that
> on non-Mac platforms a menu it stuck on at the top.
>
> Is there a reason you need to resize? Your current scripts should work
> fine, all you need to do is a one-time adjustment during development to add
> a few pixels to the stack height and push your current objects down (if
> necessary.)
>

> --

Pete