Menu Builder

Peter M. Brigham, MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 13:40:58 EST 2012

On Jan 12, 2012, at 1:16 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> On 1/12/12 11:33 AM, Pete wrote:
>> Hi Peter,
>> Yep, it should work, that's what's so frustrating.  Even weirder still is
>> that if I send a mouseDown message to the File button from the message box,
>> everything works just fine, just not when I click on the File menu!!!!!
>
> I'm pretty sure this is in the dictionary somewhere. On OS X, a mousedown is never sent to a menu button, only to the menu group...

I assume this is true if and only if the menubutton is part a a group. On my system menubuttons that are not part of any group receive and respond to mousedowns just fine. The part about grouped buttons being treated differently is a good nugget to file away.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig