Menu Builder

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Jan 12 13:16:38 EST 2012

On 1/12/12 11:33 AM, Pete wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> Yep, it should work, that's what's so frustrating.  Even weirder still is
> that if I send a mouseDown message to the File button from the message box,
> everything works just fine, just not when I click on the File menu!!!!!

I'm pretty sure this is in the dictionary somewhere. On OS X, a
mousedown is never sent to a menu button, only to the menu group. It's
been that way forever and has something to do with what the engine needs
to do to create a system menu (where there aren't really any "buttons"
per se.)

Move your mousedown handler into the menu group, do all menu changes in
there, and it will work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com