SQL Date Formatting

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Jan 11 21:37:30 EST 2012

No you are right about it being a choice of one or the other. My functions only convert dates, so they are a lot simpler than yours, and I don't do any error checking. I ended up converting all my sql columns to date type and presenting my users with the sql format date. I then use a date picker stack that Marty Knapp made and I improved on slightly to alter dates. I decided to not let users edit dates directly. This actually has the distinct advantage of not having to validate what the user enters.

Bob