OT Password protection of RR server?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:08:29 EST 2012

If you want to look at the toplevel folder assigned to each of your domains
you can go to cPanel and click domains. This is where you can add a domain
or just adjust or see how things are set for existing domains.  Your domain
jamesphurley.com should be shown there.  You can also look at "subdomains"
IE modifications of your domain such as www.jamesphurley.com is a subdomain
of jamesphurley.com . You can look at these assignments and create new ones
if you go to subdomains in cpanel.

If you wanted to have goodstuff.yourdomain.com and
info.yourdomain.compoint at the same stuff, you just assign them to
the same folder as a
subdomain. I think www is set up that way by default.

http://jamesphurley.on-rev.com/ should point to the public_html folder.
Depending on how your addon domains were set up, their folders should
probably be inside that public_html as subfolders.  (Though I seem to have
1 that is NOT!  If it can be messed up, I can do it!)

If you want to set up  Ivrmna as a domain and you own ivrmna.com or
whatever you need to go to the place that you bought the domain name from
and set the domain name servers for that name so that they point to the
on-rev nameservers. Then in cPanel in on-rev add the domain name and get it
all set up.  I don't have any more domain names to set up at the moment or
I'd give you a step by step, but it hopefully shouldn't be too bad.
The nameservers for on-rev are NS1.ON-REV.COM and NS2.ON-REV.COM

As was mentioned, there is probably an .htaccess file in your locked out
folder. Using cpanel filenamager you can either remove it, or edit it to
fix the problem.