Second set of eyes needed.

Michael Doub mike at doub.com
Mon Jan 9 16:33:01 EST 2012

I have been trying to figure out why I have not been able to retrieve valid RGB values from an image.
I decided to generate my own image so I would be able to track down my issue.   I thought that would
be straight forward,   Several hrs later and i am still at an impasse.   I am trying to understand why I
the pixel data, that was just written seems to be corrupted.  This occurs on the first pixel of the second row
of pixels.

Could someone take a look and point out where I am going wrong?  Interestingly enough, if you comment
out the check with the breakpoint you will get to see the image that seems to look just fine.

Thanks
   Mike

local tData

on mouseUp
  BuildImage
end mouseUp

On BuildImage
   put empty into tData
   put 320 into W
   put 426 into L
   create image
   put it into tID
   set the width of tID to W
   set the height of tID to L
   put 1 into R
   put 1 into G
   put 0 into B
   repeat with y = 1 to L
      repeat with x =1 to W
         put binaryEncode("CCCC",0,R,G,B) into Pixel
         put Pixel after tData
         get getitback (L, x, y)
         if  it <> Pixel then
            breakpoint
         end if
         add 1 to R
         if R = 256 then put 1 into R
      end repeat
      Add 1 to G
      put 1 into R
      if G = 256 then put 1 into G
   end repeat
   set the imageData of tID to tData
end BuildImage

function getitback W, xx, yy
   put ((yy - 1) * W ) + ((xx - 1) * 4) into myindex
   put charToNum(char myindex + 2 of tData) into RR
   put charToNum(char myindex + 3 of tData) into GG
   put charToNum(char myindex + 4 of tData) into BB
   put binaryEncode("CCCC",0,RR,GG,BB) into it
   return it
end getitback