Trying to edit the script of field in one stack from a different (dialog) stack

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Jan 9 11:46:15 EST 2012

If you have the long ID, then don't refer to it as "field theFieldID" because the long ID already contains the word "field". That may have been the problem. I have tripped over that before. When I use the long ID or any value that contains the object type, I call it something like theObject, so my script looks something like:

get the script of theSourceObject

It reads naturally that way.

Bob