FYI: Mac trojan horse

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 28 13:50:28 EST 2012

I downloaded Eset's Cybersecurity AV software for Mac free 30 day trial just to see how things stood with me. I got stuck during the initial scan on a downloaded EXE (I often download exe's on the Mac then move them to where I need them). It didn't find any malware, but it could go no further. My email got really skittish about then, beach balling for several seconds. I ended up having to uninstall the AV software to get going again.

Anyone thinking of using this product will want to run the trial first.

Bob