[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 27 14:27:04 EST 2012

My oinion is that at 18, all kids should be put through some kind of boot camp like training, just so that they can learn how to do exactly what they are told, no more, no less, in spite of what everyone else around them does. That would go a LONG way towards their future education in anything. I am still met with unbelief when I tell people that my first days in boot camp involved obeying simple orders like left face, and that more than half the squad got it wrong almost every time! Once one person does it wrong, others see them doing something other than what they themselves did, and they start second guessing themselves. Not wanting to be "different" they change their minds even though they know it to be the wrong thing!

Bob