[OT] HyperCard and the Interactive Web

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 03:20:01 EST 2012

On 02/26/2012 06:48 AM, Judy Perry wrote:
> O_o
>
> Judy
>
> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012, Lynn Fredricks wrote:
>
>> I think you should also not underestimate the value of a predictive (and
>> more advanced AI) system that allows other interfaces to be more
>> simplified.
>> So many lessons were learned starting from the lean restrictions of
>> the PDA
>> era. More and more complex tasks will be able to be broken down to three
>> steps or less.

When I was 10 I worked on Saturdays at the print-shop of Wellington
College, where my father taught,
earning the princely sum of 2 shillings a week (10p); and after some 5
weeks was able to buy a set of books
about cars, trains, ships and aeroplanes. I still have those books; and,
emotionally, they mean more to me than
any books that people have given me, because they represent hours
cursing over an offset-litho machine,
and hours of blanket wash.

Things should be made slightly harder, not easier, for children;
otherwise we will end up with a race like
those ones who were cannibalised in H.G. Wells' "Time Machine".