Looping over all buttons

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Thu Feb 23 14:22:47 EST 2012

On 23/02/2012 18:31, Mark Smith wrote:
> What if you want to put fld fieldname into myvar as in the original that Bob
> suggested:
>
> "put fld myfield into tvar"&  x
>
> Myfield holds the name of a field that is being copied to a temp variable
> that is incrementing inside a loop. I tried various things but could'nt get
> it to work.

I suppose I'd ask why you'd need to?

If you want to use a different destination variable each time through
the loop, if you don't care to keep it, doesn't this give you a nice
squeaky clean new variable each time through:

repeat with idx = 1 to blah
   -- create a new tVar
   local tVar
   put "test"&1 into fldName
   put fld fldName into tVar

   -- use tVar somehow
end repeat

if you do care to keep it, put it into an array:

repeat with idx = 1 to blah
   put "test"&1 into fldName
   put fld fldName into tVar[idx]

   -- use tVar[idx] somehow