Anomoly when storing empty values into SQLite integer fields

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 23 00:59:57 EST 2012

slylabs13 wrote

> It may be a small distinction, but NULL is ASCII 0. An empty string is
> nothing at all, so far as I know. To a human this is splitting hairs, but
> to a computer all hairs must be split.

The scenario seems to be (1) if you create a new empty record all the
undefined values are null. (2) If you try to store an undefined field (LC
field), LC puts an empty string. It does this for any SQLite field type. (3)
When you read it back, if the SQlite field  is an integer LC displays a
zero, if the SQLite field is text, then LC leaves it as an empty string.