Unusual Way

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Feb 22 18:03:15 EST 2012

I got to thinking that was not very helpful.  Here are some more details.  The "runtime" mentioned is the Visual Studio C runtime library, not the LiveCode runtime.  Even then, the sentence is goofy  It essentially means that abort() has been called using an older runtime library, probably in a DLL.

I suspect this is related to externals.  The C runtime can be compiled into an external or the external can use a DLL.  This might be a problem with an old external, an old OS, or a conflict among externals.

Check with your external suppliers.  If you build the external, consider rebuilding it, perhaps compiling the library into the external if that does not blow up the size.

I have tripped up on getting the libraries right, so it takes some consideration.

I wonder if this could be caused by some error down in the library that is not caught.

It might be some problems with some version of LiveCode on some platform, but I doubt that.

Dar