Recreating a binary stack from xml text

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Feb 21 12:48:34 EST 2012

One of the things that frustrated me with Filemaker is that references to tables were constants. You could not by script save the name of a table in a variable, and then reference the table by name. At the time it was essential to me to be able to do that, so I could set some environment variables at the outset depending on the company being edited, and have my code access the set of tables via their variable names.

Also, while a graphical "code" editor may seem like a good idea at first, in practice it turns out to be quite a slow way of doing things.

Bob