Sounds in iOS

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Tue Feb 21 03:08:33 EST 2012

On 20/02/2012 21:28, Graham Samuel wrote:
> I haven't had much luck on my iOS iPad app with waiting until a sound is done (RR have just said I found a bug), but ignoring this issue I can't get a really simple 'play' statement to work. I have a button
>
> play "Xylo.AIF"

Hi Graham,

I found it a bit difficult as well.  Keep in mind I've only just started
with LiveCode, so there's bound to be some wrong information here.

Take a look at this stack:
http://its.ec/static/iossounddemo.zip (158k)

The keys that I needed were:
1) Put sounds into a sub folder of my project
2) Ensure that in the Copy Files tab, the subdirectory is included.
3) Make the files .caf files (make .aiff files, and rename them to .caf)
4) Use the rootPath function given so the files work in both the IDE and
iOS device.

Hope this helps.

-Ken