Sounds in iOS

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Feb 20 16:28:32 EST 2012

I haven't had much luck on my iOS iPad app with waiting until a sound is done (RR have just said I found a bug), but ignoring this issue I can't get a really simple 'play' statement to work. I have a button

play "Xylo.AIF"

which works in the IDE but not in the simulator. In case it was a path problem, I added a line that sets the defaultStack to the stack where the sounds are stored (this is not the stack where the button is); this makes no difference in the IDE but it still doesn't work in the simulator. I then used the full name of the file which is actually

audioclip "Xylo.AIF"

with the same result. Changing the playLoudness didn't do anything either.

I read somewhere (but can't find it) that for iOS one needs a full path to the sound, but I don't know what the full path of an embedded sound would look like.

Has anyone got iOS sounds to work in 5.0.2?

Graham