How to use an array to solve the following...

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Feb 20 16:23:42 EST 2012

ON mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    put the dgData of group "dgTableData" into theDataA
    REPEAT FOR each element theRecordA in theDataA
        add 1 to theItemNum
        put theRecordA["reservationid"] into item theItemNum of theReservationList
    END REPEAT
    put theReservationList
END mouseUp

I have a datagrid of meeting reservations. There are 25 rows. It contains a column called reservationid. Given that, when done the message contains this:

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25

Note that datagrid data is a numbered array, each element of which is another array, each element of which corresponds to a column in the datagrid. Note also that were I to try to alter the contents of theDataA inside the repeat loop the results would be unreliable for the reasons mentioned before.

Using your method of getting the keys first and then using repeat for each line in theKeyList has the advantage that you can alter the contents of the array itself without a problem.

Bob