Anyone break Regular Polygons?

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Mon Feb 20 12:45:54 EST 2012

Hi All,

I thought to myself "I could use a Regular Polygon here..."  So I
clicked on the diamond shape in the toolbox, and started to draw one on
my card.  It defaulted to 12 sides, about 8 more than I wanted.

Once I let go of the mouse button, the Regular Polygon was deselected,
and the open Property Inspector started inspecting the stack instead of
the Regular Polygon.

If I click on the polygon, the handles appear, the inspector changes to
reflect the polygon, and then the handles go away and the inspector
points at the stack again.

Thisi happens on my Mac OSX 10.6.8 Livecode 5.2, and now OSX 10.7.2
Livecode 5.5.

Okay, so I go to try it on Windows...(Win 7 64 bit, 5.5.0 dp1)
I can draw the poly, and it stays selected, but when I right click on it
and select "inspector", nothing happens.  If I already have the
inspector open and then click on the grc, I can see and change things in
the inspector.

Just as a side note, I hover over 'Sides' to see what the property name
is, and no joy. All other properties have a tooltip, but not sides.
*grr* (Yes, I did look in the dictionary and can see it's "polySides",
but something seems broken in the interface.)

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?  I'm sure I broke things as this
strange behaviour existed before the 5.5.0_dp1 drop, but I have no idea how.

-Ken