Mac OS X 10.8!

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 15:00:34 EST 2012

On 02/16/2012 11:19 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Richmond wrote:
>
>> I wonder what is going to happen, when, at last, Apple hits "system 11"
>> . . . will there be any cats left?
>>
>> Of course 'Slugworth' (pace Charlie and the Chocolate Factory), aka
>> Shuttleworth, nicked "Ocelot" while the late
>> Steve Jobs (may his socks be forever adored, may his manic-depressive
>> mood-swings be forever overlooked)
>> was looking the other way.
>
> Since you mentioned Mr. Shuttleworth in this OS X 10.8 thread, please
> forgive this moment of fanboyism:

However; remember that Mr Slugworth (played by Gunter Meissner, with the
wonderful craggy face) was really workng for
Willy Wonka (played by Gene Wilder) all the time.

> 3 Features New to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion That Ubuntu Already Has
> <http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/mountain-lion-features-ubuntu/>

I assure you my increasing love for Ubuntu and disenchantment with the
way Mac is going is not dictated by the fact that
I cannot afford a new Mac.

I am happy with my PPC mini, running 10.4; and would, if I could, get a
Mac running 10.5. But after that I think things began to go wonky
(rather than 'Wonka').

I do NOT really like Unity; so run Ubuntu 12.04 with Avant Window
Navigator doing 90% of the work the old GNOME 2 panel did.

I have got the Launcher 'thing' (almost as bad as the Mac system 7
launcher) out of the way as best I can by setting it to hide via
dconf editor.

Livecode runs like a charm.