Any in-house corporate developers?

Malte Brill revolution at derbrill.de
Fri Feb 17 02:31:16 EST 2012

> So what about source control, any applicability here.   Are Diffs possible?

Not easiely. The binary nature of a stack makes this incredibly difficult. It is possible to write a little plugin that exports all scripts to plain text and, to a certain extend it is possible to export a stack to XML and recreate it from that. However, version control and colaborative work are not exactly easy in liveCode. For me this is the only major downside of liveCode.

Other things that come to mind I'd see as a downside:
The script editor and to a certain extend the other tools could use an overhaul. They are not terrible, but there would be certain things I would really love to see (read refactoing).

Very happy camper otherwise. I love the engine. I love how productive it lets me be. Devs are always greedy I guess. Always want better. On the other side, I stick with LC since 10 years now (gosh 10 years of derbrill in april) and it is my main dev platform, so there must be something to it :-D

Cheers,

Malte