console applications

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Feb 13 08:25:27 EST 2012

jvalle wrote:

> would like to know if it is possible to create console applications with
> Livecode 4.6.X. After some researching in forums seems it is not possible or a
> bit special.

It's "special" only in that the engine is primarily designed for making
GUI apps, so when running as a console app you'll need to pass a "-ui"
flag to it to tell it not to initialize its GUI.

I wrote a GUI installer with v4.6.1 and more recently with 4.6.4 for
which some institutional users needed a command-line option.  We've had
such success with it that I'm now exploring ways we can add useful CLI
options to other apps as well.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World