Examples? HTML Editor within a Browser Object?

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Mon Feb 13 01:45:38 EST 2012

On 12/02/2012 23:18, Keith (Gulf Breeze Ortho Lab) wrote:
> Has anyone accomplished this before? I am able to do this in other development packages, but I need a way for HTML text to be edited within the HTML Editor in the browser object, then I need to be able to put the edits/changes into a LiveCode variable for use within my stack... I would also need to be able to put HTML text back into the editor from a LiveCode variable...

I don't kow if it fits your problemspace, but here's a bit of an oddball
suggestion: push the data off the device.

You could https POST to an web server and https GET back into the
LiveCode application.

Don't think of it as a weakness, make it a feature.

Of course there are often other reasons why having a user interacting
with your webserver might be a good thing (upsells, convenient support
options, upgrades, anti-piracy, etc).

-Ken