Strange folder config for Windows standalone

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Sun Feb 12 12:29:51 EST 2012

Thanks Klaus.  That is very strange.  At first, I thought it was because of
a copy of a non-LC executable that I am including in the zip file but I
compressed without the file and still see the same behavior.

I copied the uncompressed version of the standalone to my WIndows box and
the Mac folder isn't there so I guess it must be the Mac compress function
that creates it.  I wonder what it is about the standalone files that makes
it think there are Mac components in it?

Looks like I will have to change my release procedures by compressing the
Windows standalone on my Windows box instead of my Mac.

Pete

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 4:05 AM, Klaus on-rev <klaus at major.on-rev.com>wrote:

> Hi Pete,
>
> Am 12.02.2012 um 08:43 schrieb Pete:
>
> > I'm building a standalone for my app for Mac (Intel only) and Windows.
> > After the build, I compress the two versions separately (using the OS X
> > "Compress this file" option) so they can be downloaded from my web site
> by
> > clicking on a link to them.
> >
> > After they Windows version is unzipped, I see two folders.  The normal
> > Windows folder with the .exe and Externals, an another folder name
> _MacOSX
> > which contains a Windows.  It seems like the Mac Compress function is
> > adding this _MacOSX folder for some reason.  Has anyone else come across
> > this?
>
> Yep, that's "normal" (Mac) behaviour!
>
> The folder with the underscore contains the Mac resources of the files,
> which
> are invisible on the Mac, and can be trashed under Windows.
>
> But this is of course most irritating for an average Windows user :-)
>
> > Pete
>
> Best
>
> Klaus
>
> --