Help with Regex (was Re: Switch, Case and wild-cards?)

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Dec 30 02:02:33 EST 2012

Thanks Mark, more good resources.

A question in the back of my mind now that I know enough about regexp to be
dangerous.  Is parsing a language something that can be done with regular
expressions?  I have a program in which I jumped though all sorts of hoops
to parse SQL statements.  It works quite well but maintaining it is a pain.
 It feels like I could use regexps to separate the various "clauses" of a
command, followed by other regexps to parse those clauses depending on type.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>