Security of LiveCode compiled files

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Aug 27 17:53:32 EDT 2012

Hi Skip,
You'll get multiple opinions on storing data within stack files.  I'm of
the school that application data ought to be in a database, not the stack
but that's a separate discussion and there's arguments both ways.  I don't
think the code in the stacks is easily de-compiled.  I've never looked at a
stack with data in it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's clearly visible
unless, of course, you encode it yourself in some way
Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>