[TEASER] A noSQL library is coming...

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sat Aug 25 21:59:04 EDT 2012

Hey Folks,

I am putting the final touches into a NoSQL data storage library for local
LiveCode development. It is an add-on for my DB Lib and uses SQLite for the
storage medium.

It can store any kind of information as long as it is inside an array
variable. It doesn't require a schema or a defined set of fields. You can
mix and match any kind of array in the same storage file. Let me give you
some examples, opening a new storage:

    dsOpen "myStorage", "com.andregarzia.example"

Saving an item:

    put "32" into tA["age"]
    put "andre" into tA["first_name"]
    put "garzia" into tA["last_name"]
    dsSave "myStorage", tA
    if "dsErr" is not in the result then
        put the result into tKeyForLastSavedItem
    end if

Retrieving an item back:

    put dsGet("myStorage", tKeyForLastSavedItem) into tA

This all works without the need to touch a SQL database. This library will
enter beta on monday for current owners of DB Lib. You can learn more by
browsing the current API reference for the Data Storage Lib at:

    http://andregarzia.com/aux/datastorageapi/

This is a true NoSQL solution for LiveCode and writes your data to safe
folders in any system. You can save an item, save a bunch of items,
retrieve keys, items, and do normal crud operations.

The Data Storage Lib will be bundled with DB Lib, so all current owners of
DB Lib will have it.

Hope to hear feedback and opinions!

Cheers
andre