Problem resizing a stack

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Aug 24 18:08:16 EDT 2012

A stack I'm working on has a group at the bottom that, at startup, needs to
be hiddenor visible depending on preference setting.

I want to adjust the bottom of the stack depdning on whether the group is
hidden or not.

In a preOpenCard handler, if  the preference requires the group to be
hidden and it is not already hidden, I get the stack's rectangle, subtract
the height of the group from item 4 of the rectangle, then set the stack's
rectangle to the new value.

When I step through the code that does this in debug, the stack height
changes correctly, but when the code is executed without a debug
breakpoint, the bottom of the stack doesn't change position.

Is there some timing issue I need to be aware of when changing stack sizes
like this?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>