ANN: GLX2 3.0.10

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:29:42 EDT 2012

As I've followed this thread I've thought what an absolutely marvellous
concept; the ability to Undo, not just multiple times, but even past
previous saves! And not just script changes, but entire Object property
states. But what about an even better feature, the ability to Undo past
actual instances of starting and stopping LC! Impossible?

It occurred to me that all this is nothing more than OS X's Versions.

Admittedly Versions is far from perfect, BUT it does allow me to Undo not
only beyond the last save, but beyond multiple days of shutting down my
computer, right to the very doc's inception.

Currently I start EVERY day of work with LC by duplicating the stack I'm
working on and going from there. Some say Versions waste space, but I don't
think I could waste any more space than what I do with LC, but I don't
care, HD space is dirt cheap, and I need the safety net. As far as I can
tell Versions is suppose to save just delta data.

If RunRev were to correctly incorporate Versions into the LC IDE then:

a) it would be more space efficient that what I currently do.
b) it would provide all the Undo capability mentioned here.
c) it would allow much more User control (drag n drop of objects + their
scripts) than the normal sequential Undo - Redo.
d) it would suggest a structure that 'could' make it possible to have
'communal' stacks

I often hit the Delete key, thinking I'm in the script editor, only to find
hours later that 1 of dozens of buttons or fields is missing. So I Quit LC,
Start it again with yesterday's copy of the stack, copy the btn/fld, Quit
LC, Start it again with today's version and Paste it back (a process
necessary because both stacks have the same name AND hitting Undo never
brings the btn/fld back because it happened a thousand keystrokes ago).

How much nicer if I could just pull up Versions, flick back to the last
version prior to the disappearance, and then drag the btn/fld back into
place.

Please don't stop working on GLX2 Multi-Undo, because I don't see Versions
coming to LC anytime soon, it's just that I hope it does come because, when
done properly, it will be so much better than what we have now.