Creating a reusable object

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 9 00:19:38 EDT 2012

Timothy Bleiler wrote

> If you have a background group on multiple cards and want to remove it
> from one card but not others, you must select the group, then under
> the "Object" menu choose "Remove Group".

Whew. Thanks Tim, you saved my life on this one.

Thank you also for the very thorough discussion of this issue. You should be
writing a book on LC :)

BTW, I do think there is a bug in there and I am going to report it on the
dev list and see what others think. According to the demo Kevin gave at RRL,
if you uncheck the "shared group" option it should not automatically put the
group on subsequent cards. Obviously if you "place" the group on more than 1
card then it is going to be shared and then "shared group" is going to be
checked, but with it unchecked my understanding is it shouldn't
automatically show up.

I went back to replay it and Kevins exact words when creating a background
group were "We don't want to reuse this on multiple cards so I'm going to
turn off the shared group property".

Anyway, you got me over the hump. Thank you

-- Mark