What was that thing with Photoshop images?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Aug 8 02:01:41 EDT 2012

On 8/7/12 11:30 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> The image does seem to be fully usable. Given how small it is, why do
> you not use PNG instead of JPEG?
>
> Even with saving the JPEG as PNG, it's smaller. If you took the
> original gradient straight to PNG, it may be smaller still.

I started with png originally. It didn't display right for what I was
doing so I converted to jpg using Graphic Converter, which worked. Then
I received a new jpg made in Photoshop and that one crashed like mad.
That's when you guys came in. Since it behaves for everyone else, the
crashes could have been something to do with my stack. I was messing
around a lot.

The gradient is for a custom hilite pattern in a scrolling field. Now
that the crashing is over with, the hilite still doesn't work right.
Scott Rossi gave me a nice workaround which I may use.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com