Server doesn't send response code

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 30 14:53:51 EDT 2012

On 4/30/12 1:34 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Just a wild guess, but could the issue be that the httpHeaders needs to
> have more complete info for the server to accept the call?

Maybe. Mark S. suggested the same thing. The default POST header for
Content-Type is "application/x-www-form-urlencoded", which is what he
uses. I believe content-length is also sent by default. I don't know
what other things should be sent in the headers, but would like to know.

The thing is, the POSTs and responses do go through. Everything appears
to work; I get the data and PayPal responds to my POST correctly. The
only thing that doesn't work is (apparently) no response code is sent.
The one exception are script errors, where PayPal does register an error
500. Othewise no codes appear in PayPal's history.

If it weren't for the fact that PayPal continues to resend requests so
many times, I'd just forget about it. I have all the data I need, and
it's verified. For now, I've put a check into the script that just drops
duplicate resends silently. That works, but I'd rather the server didn't
get hit on so much. After enough resends, PayPal registers a failure and
stops, but I'm not sure how many failures it will allow before it
decides my server isn't operative and drops the account. I don't even
know if that's how it works, but I don't want to chance it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com