Program Installation folders

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Apr 30 14:50:10 EDT 2012

Folks,
I am woefully out of date as to where application programs should be
installed on various platforms (except for OS X).  Up to now, I've been
leaving it up to my users to move my applications single program file into
the right place but I really want to supply an installer.

In the release notes for Livecode, it specifies the following locations for
WIndows/Linux.

For All Users:

Windows <x86 program files folder>/RunRev/LiveCode

Linux /opt/runrev/LiveCode

For a single user

Windows <user roaming app data folder>/RunRev/Components/LiveCode

Linux ~/.runrev/components/livecode specialfolderpath("Home")

Should I follow that model, replacing RunRev and LiveCode with my
equivalents?

For Windows, I think <x86 program files folder> is specialFolderPath(26)
and <user roaming app data folder> is specialFolderPath(38).  Is that
correct?

Thanks,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>